Environment, Man and Nature

This blog was meant as an assignment to explore my journey of thoughts through my environmental concepts 2000 course at the University of Manitoba. I will now continue to write on this blog, so I can follow my journey through my studies.



Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

Blog Reflection #1b Precautionary Principle

Thinking about the Precautionary Principle I do not believe that it would have any negative consequences when widely enforcing the use of this rule or law. I mean how can taking action to prevent serious harm be a bad principle to encourage. I do believe that this regulation will bring forth many good changes to our environment because this law places the environment as the number one issue disregarding any other view point such as social, political or economical. Although is does say cost effective measures, I think thes words were added to protect the well being of whoever is paying for this measure. I would encourage this to be widely applied in environmental regulation because this is exactly the kind of law that needs to be passed in order for major changes to be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment