Environment, Man and Nature

This blog was meant as an assignment to explore my journey of thoughts through my environmental concepts 2000 course at the University of Manitoba. I will now continue to write on this blog, so I can follow my journey through my studies.



Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

Online Activity- David Suzuki on early life events by David Suzuki Foundation

David Suzuki is to most environmentalists a hero. Now I watched a twenty minute video on David's early life, this really inspied me to think about my future and where I am headed with what I am doing at the moment. Every small step or course of action/education I take now will affect me later on, kind of how every small organism on earth has a meaning for life. Everything we do affects the fish and the birds and the animals. In this video I have deciphered what has struck me, as it follows: (If you want to get ahead in Canada you have to be prepared to work, you have to work ten times harder than a white person. The key to escaping our poverty is education. Getting an education was such an important part of what I was or what I need to do. Another thing is my father said is "Orientals have such a hard time speaking in public because we are so shy", this is what my father said "I want you to be a guest speaker", and it worked I won a lot of public speaking contests... Amherst College made me what I am academically today). This video can be found on this link: http://vimeo.com/7789739 .
Now I put myself in David's shoes and I want to be able to say the same words he speaks. As a french woman residing from a small town, I think I have to explain, express and prove myself more to make a difference environmentally throughot my life. I know that getting an education is the most important piece of the puzzle in doing so. If I want to become an environmental lawyer I have many things to learn, and I want to be able to say University of Manitoba made me who I am academically today.

No comments:

Post a Comment